The Wayra Instituto de Español offers a great Surf and Spanish Program. On Monday through Friday you will participate in the Standard Group Spanish Classes. During your free time and weekends you will take surfing lessons and have the opportunity to surf some of the best areas of Costa Rica.
A typical Surf and Spanish program runs for 2 weeks. During this period you will receive 6 hours of surfing instruction (3 lessons, 2 hours each) plus the use of a surfboard during the entire two weeks. This program is extremely popular. Wayra and Tamarindo Surf School make use of some of the best surf instructors in the area.
For those who want a longer program, either 3 or 4 weeks, you will continue to have the use of a rental board. In addition you will be transported on the weekend to one of several outstanding surfing spots outside of Tamarindo. During these trips you can continue to practice Spanish with your surf instructor.
SPANISH SCHOOL LOCATION
WAYRA is centrally located in Playa Tamarindo and just 150 meters from the beach. The school is situated in a beautiful tropical garden. On the premises the students can find three buildings and two small ranchos (open air dry palm huts).
The classrooms are spacious and comfortable, with large open windows to create a comfortable and appropriate atmosphere to study. The main rancho houses two classrooms on the second floor and the cafeteria with a snack bar on the ground floor. In the cafeteria students relax and enjoy conversations with other students while having some snacks and refreshments. It is also a good place to do homework during school hours or to take part in one of the dance lessons conducted after school on the main floor.
All the teaching is carried out in Spanish. This enables the students to be totally immersed in the language while they are studying
Minimum stay of one week
- Groups are small, averaging 3 to 4 students (maximum 6 students per class)
- Courses begin every Monday
- The first day of class, all new students must arrive at the school by 7:15am to be evaluated and placed in their appropriate level and to complete any necessary paperwork
- According to their progress, students may be moved to different groups, during the program, to maximize their learning
- WAYRA determines if the students attend the morning or afternoon session
- Morning sessions are from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm and afternoon sessions are from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
For additional information contact us.
The Surf and Spanish program 2016
|Lodging||1 Week||2 Weeks||3 Weeks||4 Weeks|
|Casa El Mar:||$730||$1400||$2160||$2890|
|Casa La Carolina:||$800||$1540||$2370||$3170|
Please note that the above rates for the Spanish and Surf program are based on 20 hours Spanish group lessons per week.